Fast turnaround industries, the success and growth of apparel and fashion companies depend on their ability to adapt to ever changing market demands. Apparel & Fashion PLM software delivers the necessary improvements and optimization needed to meet market challenges.
Plural’s Apparel & Fashion PLM software is an open-source solution designed for apparel manufacturing and related companies in the fashion sector. It integrates product development and sourcing processes with key business manufacturing and better manages the business and product life cycle. It also functions as independent apparel sourcing software that integrates Sourcing and Supplier Management with functionality aligned to your business processes.
How a PLM helps in Apparel & Fashion Development
- Supports the design workflow, new product development cycle, and streamlines the overall planning process.
- Development and execution of new styles to speed up processes, shortening the time to consumer
- Improved quality
- Faster time-to-market by reducing cycle times
- Effective cost management
- Reduced risk
- Enhanced sourcing processes
- Increased sales and profitability
- Product development processes become more efficient and enable you to address challenges across your value chain more effectively
- Global design and development teams can more easily collaborate on designs and a mix of styles faster, and navigate through raw materials development approval, lab dips and performance testing more efficiently
Challenges faced in Apparel & Fashion Development
- Process cycle inefficiencies caused by managing product development information and processes via inconsistent and fragmented communication methods, tools and systems.
- Digitization of libraries.
- Replace multiple disconnected data silos and systems used for product development with a single, global, process-driven Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Incorporate supply chain (Mills/Agents) expertise and knowledge early in product development processes to positively impact decisions and performance related to product development calendars, material trends, cost and quality decisions.
- Effectively allocate and manage resources by tracking all seasonal line planning calendars, milestones, approvals and responsibilities in a single system integrated with all other aspects of product development.
- Improve process execution with flexible workflow and planning templates visible to all product/project team members.
- Design Version Management
- Time Consuming Tech pack Creation
- Design Feasibility Analysis: Market vs Cost vs Price
- Inability to collaborate with Design Tool