The Consumer Packaged Goods industry shares many similar problems found in discrete engineering and manufacturing companies. The need to optimize and manage the business process is key to achieving consistent, repeatable results. As product processes often govern the product, implementing a system to control those business processes is essential to compliance and quality. Specific to CPG, there is areas of the product process such as raw materials, equipment, labeling, etc. that further define the brand.
CPG product processes can make or break a sales and market strategy – compliance and quality issues can unravel brand integrity and result in a loss of market share or worse. Plural Technology is focused on improving the full product life cycle – from ideation, through manufacturing and beyond, we are delivering technology designed to work for you, and enable your company to successfully compete in a rapidly changing global economy. Our industry-based solutions are designed by our clients to solve real world business and process problems. Our consulting is uniquely different from our competitors…we are addressing issues and problems overlooked by our competitors but not by you!
Challenges faced in Consumer Packaged Goods
- Disparate tools, systems and processes increase product costs and risks, and lower process productivity
- Brand/Project teams are unable to find and reuse information, which often leads to redundant work efforts for quality and compliance teams.
- Collaboration silos exist within the enterprise and negatively affect business processes. “Over the wall” still affects key portions of the product process life cycle
- Inability to easily and quickly access data and information impacts decision-making and affects the entire product process lifecycle.
How PLM can improve CPG
- Control and visibility – PLM can be designed to streamline and standardize key product processes
- Integrated with other key business systems, PLM can be designed to share information between disparate systems to deliver speed, flexibility and productivity to product development processes
- Improved Compliance and Quality - based on governing business rules and compliance requirements and conditions
- Repeatable processes, consistent results